Wednesday 22 February 2012

Rustic Edge

To have the best of both worlds is to eat chocolate and stay fit. It is to party and still graduate. It is to travel to a home away from home. And for me it is to combine equines and fashionable art.  What most don't know about me is that I have am a closet fashion lover, although you would never be able to tell from my own closet filled with corporate attire, wranglers and carhart jackets.

In this photoshoot; Rustic Edge, we compiled elements of urban fashion into a rural adventure.  Our equine models (Cash and Trigger) became somewhat of a prop as I continued to shoot my fashionista of the day Ms. J.L.  Together, the four of us created an artistic melody of fashion, horsemanship, and ingenuity that was overwhemingly inspiring.  From hair & makeup to headstall and reins.

Growing up on horseback, I always thought that equine photography is where my passion would eventually take me. I have now discovered this whole realm of human emotion and mood through the lens of a camera that I can freeze for a moment in time.

My goal is for this Rustic Edge theme to blossom as my personal brand in the photography world.  Making the ordinary into something extraordinary and allowing people to explore their artistic inner model.  Rural and rustic can be edgy and fashionable... Add a horse and you've discovered rustic edge.

To be inspired is to have the world at your fingertips. Can't wait to get my hands dirty with the next project!

For the full album: AmberAliPhotography on facebook!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amber! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments. I was reading through your blog yesterday and really enjoyed it! You are a very good writer as well. And your Rustic Edge photos are so unique! I would love to do a photo shoot with my horse someday.

    -Trail Pony Endurance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your feedback! It was so much fun experimenting with the idea, and I am excited how it turned out. If you're ever down this way let me know! I plan to do an equine friend discount in the spring!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the feel of these photos. They are beautiful. I love that you are mixing themes that mean something to you. Very inspiring.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! I am so happy everything came together the way I imagined!

      Delete