Wednesday 11 April 2012

Easter Love, Short & Sweet

Not too much time to write this time around but wanted to share some photos that melted my heart this past weekend.  It really is amazing how people come in and out of our lives, always stopping in for JUST long enough for us to learn something or change in some way.  Every interaction is like a social experiment waiting to happen.  One of my favourite things to do is meet new people, and I always try to take something away with me whenever I do.  I had the pleasure to meet an Iranian man in Houston last year who had been working in Kuwait.   He was a researcher with the government and had recently been let go due to the completion of a project.  My short time with him prior to his interview we discussed life, the world and of course how to get oil out of the ground using today's technologies.  His humble nature and intellectual ability to explain something so foreign to me was awe inspiring.  I think of him often and hope that one day I am able to bestow the same impression of humbleness and knowledge on someone through my own life experiences.

Today I went to starbucks and had to wait 20 minutes for my weekly coffee (Wednesdays are starbucks days! Best day of the week!).  By the time I got up to the front I was rather grumpy, and I knew deep down that it would be the same girl that was there that was there every Wednesday morning who is so cheerful and sweet.  I, for whatever reason was determined to remain grumpy (ever heard that song 'I just wanna be mad for a while'? - it's a country song.. youtube it!) but by the time I left the window I had a smile on my face and was ready to take on the day.  She likely had no idea how she impacted my morning but I was grateful. 

Now back to the photoshoot... The lovely lady in the first photo, I have known since we were about 10 years old. We grew up on the same street and our families were very close. Today she has three beautiful children and in the last few years I have seen more and more of her and her family. There was a time when life took us separate ways, but I am grateful to have had the opportunity to capture a piece of her and the kiddies in the Easter photo shoot! I can't wait to continue to watch these kids grow up.




There was one more thing I wanted to share before I move on... Earlier last month I did a photo shoot for the first person to email me on International Women's Day with the proceeds going to the Calgary Emergency Womens Shelter.  This is what we came up with...


That is all for now!! Off to Hawaii in the morning!!! .... Gonna take you for a ride on a big jet plane.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFTvbcNhEgc&ob=av2e

1 comment:

  1. I think people take a lot out of meeting you as well Amber! thanks for always making my day brighter! also these pics are sooooo cute you did such a good job! Have fun in Hawaii!!!!!

    ReplyDelete